Vert.x 2.1.6 released!
The Vert.x team is pleased to announce the release of Vert.x 2.1.6.
This is a maintenance release on the 2.x branch that fixes a few bugs and is designed for Vert.x 2 production users who cannot upgrade to 3.0 immediately.
For the latest production version for new projects please see Vert.x 3.0.
Fixes in this release include:
- runZip - fix bugs in unpacking zips
- HttpClient - make sure writeHead is set to true before connect
- Upgrade to Hazelcast 3.5 to fix bug in
- Workaround for Hazelcast bug which could result in inconsistent cluster state if multiple nodes shutdown concurrently
- Clustering fixes related to clearing up state in case of event bus connections closing and on close of event bus.
- Fix message replies to nodes other than the node the SockJS bridge is deployed on.
Vert.x Web distinguishes itself from traditional application servers like JavaEE by just being a simple extension toolkit to Vert.x, which makes it quite lightweight and small but nevertheless very powerful.